I am a Z-grade computer caveman, and thus this thing is happening to me:
- 4 years of no anti-virus/spyware protection.
- Virus hit rundll32 from system 32 folder
- Downloaded Avast and I was cool enough to press Delete All during the scan phase after restarting Window.
- Avast deleted ALOT of files in system32 folder.
- Rundll loads ton of Error windows saying missing file this and that, obviously a virus doing this cuz it re pop-up whether or not I close those windows like crazy. So, yeh, I deleted that rundll32 file => It caused my comp to not working properly at all.
- I downloaded a rundll32 from an unknown Khmer dude online (well, just came accross it on google and downloaded immediately
- After putting that rundll32 into system32 folder via Safe Mode, the comp LOOKs normal. However, there is a thing "Window Installer" attempts to run at start-up but it stucks there and keep saying "Installing.." I have to close it with Task Manager.
-When I tried to open a folder, not working, the comp crashed and the mouse turn into a hour glass. It just stands there looking at me, sad. Same with most of other Window's programs.
-Open games (WOW; S4 League etc...heavy ones) the launcher doesnt appear on my screen, but it does appear from Task Manager's Processes Tab.
-Obviously and fortunately, only firefox works normally.
- I want to re-install a new XP Operation System to replace this messed-up one. But, I dont know how to. I went to google alot to find methods, but they are out of my league, because my DVD-Drive is dead, there is no floppy drive in my CPU, what could i do now ?
What do i have ?
- USB holes
- My sis's laptop which is using a cool Vista, but bleh, I want my XP.
- Window XP Server Pack2 CD
- Love for the comp that serving me for more than 4 years.
Btw, Im using a desktop.
Please help me, I wish ya all best lucks.
Extreme Deeply Gigantic Regards,