View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 PM

About:
SadPanda is on a distinguished road

Hi Lurk,

I was able to get the comp to run normally after spending a whole night researching. But, when I was so happy my comp somehow recovered, another one strike me again just 4 mins later.

I went to this site to watch movies www.phim88.co m (pls dont visit it) and the comp got infected with the virus called Spyware Protection 2009. I got that virus before and I remembered i deleted some files in the system32 folder and it stopped its action, so i went for a try once more

Well, now the comp cant even reach window,or Safe Mode, instead it's only showing this message:

Quote:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\system32\c_437.nls

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.
I have no idea what does "the first screen" supposed to be and as I reported at the above post; my CD-Rom is dead already.

For your question:

Quote:
- System = Dell DM051
BIOS Version = AO4 (02/03/06)
Processor Type = Intel (R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Processor Bus Speed = 800 MHz
Boot Sequence Menu:
1. Onboard or USB Floppy Drive (not present)
2. Onboard SATA Hard Drive
3. Onboard IDE Hard Drive (not present)
4. Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive
-I dont know what is BIOS, but I only have 3 options when starting up the comp.

F2 is to select the blue screen that has alot of drop-down menu such as power management, system info, drivers menu (i saw my harddrive and cd-rom there) etc..

F8 is to select window modes.

F12 is for the Boot Device Menu which has:
*Onboard SATA Hard Drive
*Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive
*System Setup
*Hard Drive Diagnostics
*Boot to Utility Partition

Yes, I have a 1Gb Usb which is used for copying this and that only.

I hope these info might give you some idea on what's going on with my comp. As the CD-ROM is dead, i dont know what to do anymore since I cant even enter Safe Mode; I really dont want to throw away the comp that has been serving me for whole 4 years. I promise I will buy some anti virus soft to protect it if I could restore it to normal through your help. Pls save Big Bill (my comp's name) >.<