| || |
How to use the Problem Steps Recorder in Windows 7 By dothy1005
The Problem Steps Recorder is a new feature of Windows 7 that can automatically capture the steps you take on your Windows system. This will also have a text that describes where you clicked and it will have a screen shot for it. Once these steps are captured, they may be kept as a file that can be useful for a technical support professional or a friend or relative who is helping you with your computer issues.
However, you must keep in mind that as you record steps on your Windows 7 system, not everything you type will be recorded. For important error, details and information that you would like to keep about the problem that you are having, you may use the comment feature of the Problem Steps Recorder to take note of these data.
If you need record and save steps on your computer, do the ff:
• Launch the Problem Steps Recorder by clicking on the Start button and type “psr”. Click on “psr” on the results list.
• Once the Problem Steps Recorder opens, click Start Record. Then, do the steps that you went through earlier to recreate the issue. The recording may be paused and resumed, as you need to.
• To add a note on a specific screen, click on “Add Comment”. With the use of your mouse, you may highlight the area on the screen where you need to add the note, type the text inside the Highlight Problem and Comment box. Click OK.
• When you are done, click on Stop Record.
• Go to the Save As dialog box and create a name for the file. Hit Save. This file will be saved with a .zip file extension.
• If you need to review the steps you have just recorded, open the .zip file and double-click on it. This document will open in your browser.
This file may now be sent as an email or be viewed in your browser to begin the troubleshooting process.