To create custom word template, please follow the instructions below:
1) Open the MS WORD.
2) Go to View menu, select Task Pane.
3) If the New Document task pane is not shown, select it from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the task pane.
4) In the New Document task pane, select General Templates.
5) In the Templates dialog box, choose the General tab, and click Blank Document once to select it.
6) Under the Create New section, click Template, and then click OK.
7) In the new template, add any text and graphics you want to appear in all new documents that you base on the template, and delete any items you don't want to appear.
Changes you want to the margin settings, page size and orientation, styles, and other formats. For example, change the font to Verdana.
9) On the File menu, click Save, give your template a name, and then click Close on the File menu.
Now your new customized document template will be shown under General Templates in the New Document task pane.