Originally Posted by linda
I have posted about having spyware on my computer and was told to go to a friends computer and download free superantispyware onto a cd. The next step was to go to safe mode on my pc and insert the cd. I made sure that the cd contained all the data.When I went to run the program in (safe mode) it said this edition has encountered a problem and needs to close. I tried running it out of safe mode and received the same screen. what next?
I reread your post here and became somewhat puzzled over the statement in red.
The only thing on that CD should have been the set-up icon. This icon should have been able to double click it and auto install from within safe mode...would you like to retry this....?
1)have your friend re-download it to his desktop the whole installation package should be just a single icon named superantispyware
2)Then send that icon to the CD burner drive and burn it to cd...
3) restart your computer and toggle the F8 key till the start-up page comes up....keep trying till it does.
4) in the start-up page choose to restart in safe mode with CD support
5) after safemode loads and you are looking at your desktop with safemode written at the 4 corners insert the cd in the drive...
6) start > right click " My Computer"
in the next window select explore
and then right click on the CD drive Icon and choose to open....by this time there should be a CD icon showing with the days date.
7) double click the superantispyware icon to self extract and install.
start the program and allow it to scan and clean the bad programs.
If there is still a problem installing the program and running it then you will have to resort to something else!