With more and more people creating Facebook accounts, it has become easier to contact them and invite your family and friends to parties, reunions, meetings and all other types of events. This short tutorial teaches you how you can create an event and invite people to attend the event.
1. Sign in to your Facebook account with your username and password.
2. From the navigation menu, look for “My Events” and click on it. You will be taken to a page with a list of all the events you are planning to attend.
3. Click on the "Create Event" button.
4. Fill in the page with all the details about your event, including the place, date and time. You can always edit these details at a later time, but it will be better if you can include as much detail in as you can initially.
5. Select the level of access you want for your event. If the event is “open”, everyone can see the details and is able to add himself or herself to the guest list. If the event is “closed”, only the time and description is visible to uninvited friends. Facebook users can request if they want to be added to the guest list for all the other details. A “secret” event will not appear in search results and will only be seen by the people you invite.
6. Hit on "Create Event" to complete your event details.
7. Upload an image that represents the event. Use the browse button to search your computer for a photo on your hard drive.
8. Once completed, you may now invite guests. Choose from your friends on Facebook and other users to attend your event. You can also send email messages to people who are not on Facebook.