| || |
Import and Export Sticky Notes in Windows 7 By dothy1005
One of the most useful features in Windows 7 operating system is Sticky Notes. It helps every user remember tasks and jot down important notes that may be of use in the future. Web addresses, passwords and short texts may also be written in these cute notepads. These sticky notes are very easy to use and are available in different colors which makes them more fun to use. For people who are working on multiple systems, importing and exporting these notes can help them with their work. This short step by step tutorial will guide you on how you can easily import, export and back up your Sticky Notes between multiple computers.
To begin, log on to the first computer and follow these steps:
1. Navigate to C:\users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes then copy StickyNotes.snt
2. You can save the StickyNotes.snt on your USB or any removable drive.
Then, log on to the second computer and perform the following steps.
1. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file on your USB or whatever removable drive you used to save the data from the first system.
2. Then, go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes. Paste the file in this folder.
NOTE: If you cannot find this folder, create a new one and paste the file in the folder you have created.
3. Open Sticky Notes and you will be able to have access to all your notes from the first computer.