| || |
How to Add a New User Account in Windows 7 By dothy1005
If you have a Windows 7 operating system and need to create new user accounts for other members of the household, this step by step tutorial will guide you on how to do that. Windows 7 looks a little different than Windows Xp and this quick tip will help you do the task in less time.
1. To add a new user in Windows 7 operating system, open the Control Panel.
2. Under User Accounts and Family Safety, choose Add or remove user accounts.
3. Select "Create a new account"
4. Type the preferred name of the user and choose the account type. You may either choose Standard User or Administrator account type.
Standard users will not be able to make any changes on the system without the admin password.
Users under the Administrator type can make changes to the account as well as the system.
5. You may also choose to create a password for your account. You will need to enter this password every time that you will login to your account.
The new account has now been created and you will see this once you restart the system.
Always remember that shutting down the system while other users are logged in will cause loss of any data that has not been saved.