What actually AMVO.EXE is?
AMVO.exe is a trojan/backdoor which will seriously slow down your machine.
Symptoms of your system been attacked by AMVO.exe:
* Folder Option is not working – you cannot enable the Folder Option or show the hidden files running into you computer.
* Hidden file problem
* Always open new windows in all drives
* Error occur of the memory reference Here are the steps for removing it manually
Uncheck amvo.exe from msconfig >> startup (type msconfig in run and click on the startup tab) also and restart your system
- Click Start > Run and type REGEDIT
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Advanced
- On the right side, double click the hidden value and give it a value of 1.
- Same for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Advanced > Folder > Hidden > SHOW ALL Change the value of Checked Value to 1.
- Check if your Folder Option if its working now. If it works! OK you are now ready to delete the Amvo.exe virus now.
Go to your Folder Option and enable the show all the hidden files and you remove the following files if they are exist in the exact location or directory:
Lastly go to Run and type cmd then type regedit, press Ctrl + F to find the files amvo.exe and delete it. After that, reboot your PC. OK that’s it.