| || |
How to Create A Shortcut To Safely Remove Your Pen/Flash Drive By dwarkarao
How do you actually remove your USB drive in a safe manner?
You "right click
" on the icon located in SYSTEM TRAY and then click on the button labeled as “SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE
” to do it. But it might be a bit irritating if you need to do the same thing again and again. So, how about creating a shortcut on your desktop, which will enable you to safely remove the USB drive.
Below are the steps to create a shortcut to safely remove the USB sticks from the USB drives:
- Press the right click button of your mouse on the desktop and then click on NEW and then select the button labeled as SHORTCUT.
- Now, you need to paste the below path in the location box:
- RunDII32.exe shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
- Now you need to name the shortcut, you can name it as REMOVE USB.
- Now right click on the created shortcut and click on the option labeled as PROPERTIES
- Now, click on the tab labeled as SHORTCUT
- Here, you can assign a shortcut key. For example CTRL + F7
- And then close the window
That is all. Now you can use that shortcut to safely remove your USB drives.