If you have Hybrid Sleep turned on the hybernate function is turned off!
To turn hybrid sleep on or off:
1. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.
2. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings under the selected plan.
3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
4. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Sleep, expand Allow hybrid sleep, and then do one of the following:
• If you are using a mobile PC, click On battery or Plugged in (or both), click the arrow, and then click On.
• If you are using a desktop computer, click Setting, click the arrow, and then click On.
5. Click OK, and then click Save changes.