!Bios is a tool originally developed for a brute, blunt removal of passwords from BIOSes. Through it’s development it has been severly extended.
* !Bios can decrypt the passwords used in some most common BIOS (including various bioses/versions by IBM, American Megatrends Inc, Award and Phoenix).
* !Bios can also save and restore the IBM standard CMOS/NVRAM memory where almost all common Bioses store the BIOS setup settings.
* !Bios can save the part of the RAM dedicated for the BIOS (which has security implications in some BIOSes as encryption algorithms and/or password may actually reside here in some badly coded BIOSes).
* !Bios can do crude, brutal attacks (”blasters”) which removes password from a lot of Bioses. A bit dangerous though, can give unexpected and unwanted results.
* !Bios has a CMOS editor where you through a interface with similarities to several hex-editors can modify the CMOS/NVRAM memory in binary, decimal and hexadecimal ways. (only adviced forvery experienced hackers)
* !Bios has a command line interface (CLI) and a very simple VGA-text interface, GUI. If no parameters is passed to !Bios, it starts the easy-to-use GUI, otherwise it starts the GUI.
* !Bios has built-in support pages which provides several tricks and tips, notes about known backdoors etc.