Like you, your desktop needs a break and freshen up. Do your desktop a favor and take these simple steps.
1. Click on the Start menu and proceed to the Control Panel. From there, click Appearance and Themes under Pick a category.
2. Click on Display on the Pick a Control Panel icon.
3. On the Display Properties dialog box, click on the Desktop tab and then the Customize Desktop. With this action, the Desktop Items dialog box will appear.
4. In the Desktop cleanup, you will see Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days check box. Clear the check mark by clicking on the box if you don't want want that option.
5. Start the Desktop Cleanup by clicking on Clean Desktop Now.