These step-by-step guides will assist IT Professionals in deploying or migrating to Windows Vista. These guides will also provide step-by-step information on how to monitor performance, manage printing, control how CPU and memory resources are allocated using Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM), control device installation using Device Management and Installation (DMI), and manage ADMX files.
There are also step-by-step guides to help you protect data using BitLocker Drive Encryption, to administer the TPM Security Hardware in a computer using Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Services, and to help deploy better-managed desktops and mitigate the impact of malware using User Account Control (UAC).
- Deploying Vista Step by Step Guide.doc 213 KB
- Managing Group Policy ADMX Files Step by Step Guide.doc 150 KB
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning Step by Step Guide.doc 209 KB
- Print Management Step by Step Guide.doc 254 KB
- Step by Step Guide to Controlling Device Installation with Group Policy.doc 1.1 MB
- Trusted Platform Module Services Step by Step Guide.doc 155 KB
- User Account Control Step by Step Guide.doc 146 KB
- Windows System Resource Manager Step by Step Guide.doc 432 KB
- Windows Vista Beta 2 Windows Shared View Step by Step.doc 265 KB
- Windows Vista Beta2 BitLocker Drive Encryption Step by Step Guide.doc
- Windows Vista Beta2 Migration Step by Step Guide.doc 151 KB
- Windows Vista Mobile Device Center Step by Step.doc 134 KB
- Windows Vista Speech Recognition Step by Step.doc 118 KB