In this world of shortcut keys and shortcut everything, why not also have a shortcut to restart your computer?
Here is how to do it. Using Windows XP
- Right click on the desktop, then go to New, then Shortcut.
- In the box that is asking the location of the item, enter in %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe –r.
- This should be copied exactly. Then click on Next to proceed.
- The box will now ask for the name for the shortcut. You can make a fancy title like To reboot or not to reboot or just plain restart.
- Then choose Finish to complete the process.
- A new icon will then appear on your desktop.
- Test it out by double clicking on it. and prepare for your computer to restart!