| || |
How to Upload a Background on Twitter By dothy1005
Twitter is one of the most famed social networking sites where members post short notes and messages. These messages are called tweets. When a user registers to this site, he will have the default profile theme. However, every user can customize his or her profile. He or she may customize the page background by uploading an image from his computer. This image will be seen on his twitter feed. To do this, follow the steps listed below:
1. Go to Twitter and login using your username & password.
2. Go to the navigation bar at the top portion of the page and click on the settings link. The settings page has six tabs to change password, notifications, account settings and design options.
3. Click on the design tab to go to the profile customization area. On the design tab, you will see an area that displays themes created by the site.
4. Navigate to the bottom of the page and hit the link that says, "change background image." A form that allows you to select and preview your background image will be displayed.
5. Click browse. You can now browse your picture folders and choose the background image you want to use.
6. Highlight the background image that you want and double-click the "Open" button to close the selection window.
7. Check the box below the image thumbnail if you want the background tiled. Without choosing the tile option, the background image will only be applied to the profile once. Tiling the image will make it appear repeatedly horizontally and vertically to completely cover the profile.
8. Hit the button at the bottom of the page to save changes.