The ThinkPoint virus is a type of virus that can prevent the user from getting online. In this top, we will explain how to get rid of this problem in case that your system gets infected.
- Start the system in Safe Mode with networking.
- As soon as the system is on, wait until you get to the screen where ThinkPoint screen shows up.
- Launch the task manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- Click on the processes tab on your task manager and locate the “hotfix.exe” process.
- Highlight this entry and click on end process button.
- Once you do that, the window about the ThinkPoint virus will exit.
- After this, you need to get your icons to appear on your desktop.
- Reopen the task manager.
- Select file in the top left hand side of task manager.
- Click on “New Task”
- Type explorer.exe in the box that appears.
- Click OK, and the icons should reappear on the desktop.
- Delete the hotfix.exe file by navigating through the documents and settings folder and look for the application data.
- Locate hotfix.exe and then delete it.
Note: You might need to alter your settings to show hidden files and folders
so you can see all available folders.