| || |
How to Shrink a Partition or Volume in Windows 7 By bichitra1984
To Shrink a Partition or Volume in Windows 7 follow the steps below:
1) Open the Control Panel, and click on the Administrative Tools Icon.
2) Click on Computer Management in Administrative Tools, then close the Administrative Tools window.
3) In the left pane under Storage, click on Disk Management.
4) In the middle pane, right click on the partition that you want to shrink and click on Shrink Volume.
5) Type in how many MB (1 GB = 1024 MB) of the available shrink space shown that you want to shrink the partition or volume by to be used for the new unallocated space, then click on the Shrink button.
6) The selected partition (which mention step 4) has now been shrunk to create a new empty unallocated space. You can use this new unallocated space to create a new partition with.
7) Close the Computer Management window.