Many people unable to play their favorite DOS games in Windows 7. But believe me that these games can be played in dos mode of windows 7. This tutorial will help you to play your favorite games in DOS mode in windows 7:
- 1st step: you have to download and install DOSbox. This tiny program not only works in Windows 7, but also works in earlier version of windows like Windows XP and Vista.
- 2nd step: Launch DOSbox.
- 3rd step: Put all your DOS games in a folder (In this post is: E:\DOS)
- 4th step: In the command prompt type: mount E E:\DOS.
- 5th step: Type: E: and hit enter to switch to drive E.
- 6th step: To see all files and folders to DOS folder, simply type: DIR and hit enter.
- 7th step: Look at the exe files of your favorite games there.
- 8th step: Type the name of game with its extension to launch. For example to launch NFS type the following command: NFS.exe
To exit the game, hit the Esc button on your keyboard.
To quit the program from the command prompt, type exit and hit Enter.