| || |
How to get rid of Google Redirect Virus? By dothy1005
A system is infected with a redirect virus once your web browser redirects you to a different website instead of the site you want to visit. A lot of times, you will be brought to a site that advertises different types of products or to a banking or financial site in an attempt to gather you personal information and banking details.
There are a few symptoms that might help you identify if your system is infected by the Google redirect virus.
• You are redirected to random sites. These are suspicious websites that can put in spyware and malware into your PC.
• You notice that your computer’s performance has slowed down.
• You often see pop-ups with advertisements and sites that you never go to would open when you open your browser.
The best resolution for you to do is to get a spyware removal program/ anti-virus software downloaded and installed on your system. You may also do it manually by following the steps below:
1. Go to the Start button and hit on Run. Type regedit inside the box and click OK. Check and look for the registry key and corresponding values. Change the values that have been edited and delete all redundant entries.
2. Then look for unregistered DLL files. These are the files that you need to remove.
3. The next thing that you should do is to kill all the processes that are running so that the Google redirect virus will cease to spread.
4. Once you have performed these steps and the system is still infected by the virus, you could try doing a "system restore"
5. If system restore would still not work, you can re-format your system. Remember that doing this will end up losing critical data that have not been backed up prior to re-installation.