| || |
How to Fix CACHE ERROR in MS Office 2010 By dwarkarao
I have been using MS Office 2010, and have to say that Microsoft has done a great job. Currently they have launched the BETA version, in order to fix all the bugs.
No doubt, this is a better version of all the previous Office packages by Microsoft. And if you have been using MS Office 2010 for a while, then you must have seen the CACHE ERROR message quite often. And if you have, then follow the below steps to get rid of that error:
1. Open the Task Manager by hitting ALT+CTRL+DEL.
2. Now, look for the process named as MSOSYNC.EXE and kill it.
3. Now, open the Registry Editor by using the “regedit” command in RUN.
4. Here, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\C ommon\Internet and delete the FileStoreCriticalError key
5. If in case, you cannot find the key, then skip the above step.
6. Now clear all the cache files related to MS Office 2010. For that, browse the folders through %userprofile% \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14.0\ and delete everything that is related to Office 2010. Or you can clean all the contents as it wont harm your system.
That is all. Now, restart Office 2010 and resume using it.