RUN commands are one of best way to launch programs. You must have seen that people who are too good with computers use RUN command. For example, "calc" to launch calculator and many many more.
If you find it cool, then follow this tutorial to create your own RUN command. After finishing with this tutorial, you will be able to create a RUN command for whichever application you want.
Below are the steps to be followed to create any customized RUN application:
1. Open the start menu and follow the path. Start–>Run—>then type regedit and hit enter.
2. Now navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths
3. Right-Click on App Paths and select> New> Key
4. Give a name to the key respective to the application. Let us just try out this tutorial by creating a shortcut to FIREFOX by using run command as ffox.exe
5. Right-Click the default string value and click Modify.
6. Alter the value to the path of the executable you want to run. E.g. C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.
7. Now, in the white space(blank field), right click anywhere and select New> String Value.
8. Name it Path and enter the value as C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
9. Once you are done all the steps, simply close the Registry Editor.
10. Now its time to try out your RUN command. Open the start menu and follow the path. START>RUN>ffox.exe (or the one you have tried with).
You will see that Mozilla Firefox launches.
Now you can create your own RUN commands to impress your friends or make your daily work easier.