| || |
How to create new virtual drive on Windows 7? By dwarkarao
Windows 7 is officially out, so people are looking for the features offered by it. Windows 7 allows you to create a virtual hard drive on the computer, which is the one of most amazing features of offered by Windows 7.
Below are the steps, which will help you to create a virtual drive in windows 7.
1. Go to Computer Management
Go to Control Panel
Go to System and Security
Go to Administrative
Click on Computer Management
2. Click on Disk Management under Storage
3. Under Actions click on More Action and click on Create VHD
4. Specify Location and Virtual hard disk size and leave it in Fixed size as Recommended. Click OK will create a virtual drive without any drive letter or file format.
5. Right click on Unallocated Disk click on New Simple Volume
6. Now you will come to Welcome Screen (Welcome to the New Simple Volume Wizard)
7. Then you can specify Volume size in MBs
8. Select Format this volume with the following settings.
You can select file system or any volume label
9. Assign the following drive letter you like.
10. Comes to final stage (Completing the New Simple Volume Wizard) and click Finish.
That's it now click on start button and go to My Computer and you will see a new hard drive in the list.