SysChat is a free online computer support community. Ask questions, share resources, contribute knowledge and discuss technology. Join our growing community to access all features. Register Now!

SysChat » Hardware Tech Support » Sound and Video » Help me with sound?

Sound and Video

Support and discuss sound cards, video cards, monitor, speakers etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007, 04:58 PM
donfordman2000's Avatar
donfordman2000 donfordman2000 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15
donfordman2000 is on a distinguished road

Monitor Error Help me with sound?

I have the tv and computer connected with the s video adapter. I get the picture just fine on the tv, but there is no sound. Is there some configuration I missed?
Any ideas would be great, thanks.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Cobalt Cobalt is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chesterfield, UK
Posts: 91
Cobalt will become famous soon enoughCobalt will become famous soon enough


Along with the S Video adapter you will need two audio cables which supply the left and right channels on your TV.

You can buy a cable which will convert a standard 3.5mm jack plug (suitable for plugging into your PC's sound card) into two (left and right channel) audio connectors which you should be able to plug straight into your TV. There are more sophisticated setups available if you have a surround sound setup, but that will suffice if you just want sound from your PC through your TV.

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is on
Smilies are on
[IMG] code is on
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are on

» Ads

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54