Enabling or Disabling the Disk Write Caching
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab.
3. Click Device Manager.
4. Click the plus sign (+) next to the Disk Drives branch to expand it.
5. Right-click the drive on which you want to enable or disable disk write caching, and then click Properties.
6. Click the Disk Properties tab.
7. Click to select or clear the Write Cache Enabled check box as appropriate.
8. Click OK.
NOTE: Enabling write caching generates the following warning. This is normal:
By enabling write caching, file system corruption and/or data loss could occur if the machine experiences a power, device or system failure and cannot be shutdown properly.
Last edited by Sami; 05-31-2006 at 05:43 PM..