AVG has released a free, online security audit tool to help business double check and re-examine their IT Security Policies. The online security audit will ask you questions similar to the screenshots below.
The Business Process Factors
How IT-related business processes are done? The Human Employee Factors
How mobile users connect to the office network, what are their program and security permissions?
Are they allowed to use personal hardware?
Are they allowed to take out computers and access non-office networks? The Business and IT Security Policies
How are employees tasked to handle sensitive data? The Technology Software and Hardware Factors
How and what current antivirus protection are implemented? The IT Administration and Support Factors
How knowledgeable and updated are System and Network Administrators of new threats, latest news and updates?
The questions are systematically arranged to drill down on each aspect of IT Security. It points not only to the IT Administrators, but it clearly reminds us that security depends primarily on the
(1) activity and knowledge of users,
(2) implementation of IT Security Policies,
(3) current and existing hardware-software solutions for security.
The AVG Online Security Audit is free and is very much worth spending 10 minutes of your time. This is recommended for both IT Administrators and CEO/CIO Managers.
Remarkably, the audit is not a marketing and advertising scheme to attract readers to AVG. The systematic flow of questions will actually appeal to
(1) CEO/CIO Managers for re-thinking privacy and human-resources policies, and
(2) IT Administrators and Support can re-assess themselves on how keen they’ve been keeping watch on security. http://www.avgsecurityaudit.com/