NVIDIA the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies, continues to improve workstation graphics performance with six new NVIDIA Quadro FX solutions for high-end, mid-range and entry-level professionals.
NVIDIA Quadro FX products have long been the industry's top choice for professional application users, and this latest generation cements the company's leadership position. Combined with the recently announced line of mobile workstation graphics, the NVIDIA Quadro FX family of solutions represents the most extensive line of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) professional graphics solutions ever assembled.
The new NVIDIA Quadro product line-up includes:
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 graphics processing unit (GPU) – The industry-leading ultra high-end graphics solution offering 1GB of frame buffer memory for the most challenging professional 3D applications
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500 GPU – Offers a new level of graphics performance and is fast becoming a standard high-end configuration for major OEMs and enterprise customers worldwide
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 GPU – The first mid-range solution to offer high performance coupled with two dual-link DVI connectors, 256MB GDDR3 frame buffer memory, and HD video output
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 560 GPU – Introduces dual-link DVI, fast DDR3 128MB graphics memory and HD video output
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 550 GPU – Offers compelling price performance, featuring dual DVI with 128MB of graphics memory
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 350 GPU – An economical professional graphics option that incorporates a variety of architectural features found in the entire product line
Sun Microsystems is one of the first industry-leading workstation manufacturers to offer the high-end, performance-leading NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 based solutions to professional 3D graphics customers.
"Sun Microsystems will soon outfit our high-performance Sun Ultra 40 Workstation with NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500 graphics, the most powerful professional solution available today," said Paul Read, director of marketing at Sun Microsystems. "The Sun Ultra Workstations, featuring AMD Opteron processors, are designed for extremely compute-intensive application environments, and the latest graphics solutions from NVIDIA are a perfect match, offering the level of performance, features, and image quality that our customers demand."
"The workstation market hit $5.3 billion in revenues for an 18.4 percent gain in 2005. In the highly competitive professional graphics board market NVIDIA enjoyed a commanding 70 percent in units shipped for the year," said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research in Tiburon, CA. "NVIDIA's ability to deliver state-of-the-art graphics while providing rock solid drivers for critical professional applications has won them the respect of workstation manufacturers and users."
NVIDIA Quadro FX GPU based solutions are available widely through leading OEMs, including IBM, Sun, and FSC, leading workstation system integrators, including Alienware and BOXX Technologies, and NVIDIA channel partners PNY Technologies (US and EMEA), Leadtek (APAC) and Elsa (Japan). For more information about the full lineup of NVIDIA professional solutions, please visit www.nvidia.com/quadro