Have you ever faced this: “Error (0x8004011D) The server is not available” while accessing your MS Exchange Server? There can be so many reasons behind the corruption of your EDB file including logical or physical. Because of this, your EDB file gets dismounted & then you have to face this kind error message (Error 0X8004011D) that doesn’t allow you to access your saved MS Exchange database.
To overcome this error, you need to perform the following steps that may help you to fix this problem:
* First of all, you have to check that all MS Exchange Services such as: M***changeES, M***changeIS, M***changeMTA, M***changeSA
are started or not.
* If any of these are not started, start them!
net start M***changeES /yes
net start M***changeIS /yes
net start M***changeMTA /yes
net start M***changeSA /yes
* Next step is to check the information stores are mounted or not. Exchange Manager -> Servers -> Server Name -> First Storage Group
-> Right-click on Mailbox Store
and select “Mount Store” if dismounted.
* Perform a database check: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr>bin\eseutil /mh mdbdata\priv1.edb
* If these methods are unable to impeccable your EDB database, then the problem is your "dirty" database. At that time, your first step is to check that all transaction logs from the checkpoint and later are present & then mount it. You can repair your database by using Eseutil /p command. Make sure that you have a backup of everything before running this command just in case of data lost condition. After running Eseutil /p, run Eseutil /d to defrag the database. These commands will help you to fix & then access your EDB database.
If none of aforementioned methods help you to convert your inaccessible or unreadable MS Exchange database & you still face this “the server is not available
error (0X8004011D)”, then you need a professional EDB conversion tool. These are standalone third party data conversion software that will scan even a single bit of your corrupted or damaged EDB file database.
Recover Data provides EDB to PST conversion software which is a secure & advanced email conversion tool that will help to extract all user mailboxes with its emails & attachments from corrupted or damaged MS Exchange database which is created under MS Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, and 2007. For more information, follow this URL: The Server Is Not Available » Microsoft Exchange Error (0x8004011D)