View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 PM

About:
bobcat1238 is on a distinguished road

Default Removing XP from Vista Dual-Boot System

I want to get rid of Windows XP Pro, from a dual-boot system where Vista Ultimate 64 was added after XP. I'm not sure how to get it done without having to reinstall everything. In past years, I've formatted, installed the OS, and then done a restore from backup. I'm not sure I can do that with Vista though.
I have all of the following on Drive 0: 1) Drive D: Windows XP on a Primary, System Partition, 2) Drive C: Vista Ultimate 64 in an Extended Partition on a logical drive. 3) I have almost all my applications and data on another logical drive E: in the same Extended Partition that Vista is on.
I want to get rid of the Windows XP D: and keep the Vista C: and E: drives. The problem is that Vista Ultimate 64 has a complete system backup I could restore from (if I formatted), but it forces me to backup the XP drive with it. I don't want to wipe Drive 0 only to be forced to restore the XP C: drive. Can you selectively restore from a Vista complete system backup? How can I do this? I haven't found any partitioning tools out there that will work with the 64 bit version of Vista. I have 2 other 250G hard drives I use for backups by the way.

Can anyone help?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Partitions.jpg (61.7 KB, 294 views)