View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 PM

About:
Daugust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelnmoose View Post
To upload the torrents you need to forward a port on your router(look at your help documenstation for your torrent client). For the port forward to work after a reboot, you should also set a static IP on the machine running the torrent client.

You would also need to allow traffic on that port through your firewall.
This will keep you protected while allowing torrent traffic.

I've found the link to the speed test I posted very accurate, I would encourage trying it.
Hah!! My download speed is 4508 but I have NO upload speed!! Guess I"ve got to work on that!

This is for SHONIK too. I've got the slowness pretty much conquered. I didn't think that viruses, etc., on my son's computer upstairs would affect the computer downstairs, or my laptop. I went ahead and ran SPYWARE DR on his computer and he had 47 issues, 36 of which were some sort of trojan or worm and 5 of which were of HIGH priority. Everything is zooming right along now!! He's got NORTON anti-virus on his computer, I'm really amazed that it didn't pick any of these up. Oh, I also uninstalled McAfee. Acutally I did that first and things got better, but I think it was the junk on sonny boy's computer that was the real problem. I've even got my wireless service back up to full bore! Thanks for all your help and I'll be back here for any help I need in the future. D