View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 PM

About:
h4x0r2986 is on a distinguished road

Default Deciding whether Dual Boot is right for YOU!

Welcome, this is my first post and sure, I'll admit my novice (i.e. n00b) expertise with technicalities. But here it goes: I have Windows Vista laptop I just purchased. But before I go ahead and decide that dual boot is right for me, id like to know a few more details about the kinematics of the partitions.

Ok, so I shrink my current drive by 8gb. This becomes an additional primary drive for XP to run from.
So now i have :
8gb for XP (E
8gb for Vista (D
220 gb for (C

Now lets say after dual boot works, I save a file in Vista, lets say test.doc. This file is being saved to C: correct? Ok, now lets presume that i log off Vista and enter XP os. Will I find test.doc using this os? In other words, will files be available across all os or only the os that i saved from?

Am i right to think of C: to be a global drive, one that can be used by any os and accessed by any os?

And finally, where the hell do i get an Xp CD and a Vista CD? Vista came stock on my laptop with a backup cd from hp, however will this work to readjust the boot issues? Thanks a WHOLE lot anyone who cares to help! Hope to hear from you soon!

H4x0r