View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:47 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Mama Mia...big probs...

On Monday I zigged instead of zagging...and the whole mess came down around my ears...

1. the System Restore command does not work...the tab is no longer on the System Properties pop-up...??? in spite of three reinstalls of Windows and numerous reg cleanups.

2. I use PC-cillin Internet Security...it and a pile of other software no longer work as the registry went kapoof...they'll need to be reloaded. I have tried to kill every sniff of PC-cillin in the reg and try to reload it...but the error message keeps telling me that there is another version on board...and I am to shut down and start again...did that about six times and gave up...??? Searched for evidence but cannot find any???

3. to get back into my system I had to reload another version of Windows XP along side the old one under "Win" and changed Windows to "Windows Cache" After I got a few things sorted out...I went back and changed Windows Cache back to Windows, and deleted "Win" ...but now when I log on, I have three options, 1. Windows Home Edition [which was the old Win], 2. Windows Home Edition [which was the old Windows and now back to the new Windows, and 3. System Restore [or something like it] but this has never worked since day one so it's a dud...??? QUESTION how to get rid of that #1 reference to the c:\Win ... WHERE IS IT IN THE REGISTRY or wherever to kill it and get it out of the log on options' list?

That'll be enough for now...thanks in advance