View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 AM

About:
Striker81 is on a distinguished road

Default Installing Windows XP on a "Vista Computer"

Yes I was thinking of "attempting" to dual boot my Acer Notebook, I already partitioned 24 gigs and called it Windows XP though I may never it get it on there and I have Easy BCD if that helps. I was wondering will this work or not. I've heard alot of horror stories, ata hard drive problems and bios and blue screens of death also then having to make slipstream sp2 discs, it sounds kinda scary, I'm thinking it's alot easier to go from Windows XP to Vista obviously. The fact that also... what if the company didn't give you the Vista disc?. How can I boot up with it? Well, William Wilson makes me want to attempt it. I just was wondering if I should try to get all the Windows XP drivers so I don't mess anything up. Also exactly where and what drivers to get should I try to get, in the device manager it doesn't really make it easy to tell you which one is your bios and which one is your motherboard driver. I'm pretty good with comps if I take my time with them, I'm just not as familar with bios, I'm pretty good with almost everything else with computers, just not the beginning internal workings of them. Or even if it would be easier to format Vista and install Windows XP fresh somehow if that would be easier if I had all the XP drivers which I hear makes installing Vista alot easier if you wanted Vista on your computer after but I don't need it, but what if you don't have the Vista CD haha. This is kinda a nightmare scenario, it's a Acer Notebook 5680-6798. I guess if I knew what I needed all ahead of time and where exactly to find all the Windows XP drivers... etc like I said in Device Manager it's kinda hard to know where to find information on the comp and what is your bios and motherboard in device manager. I just think alot of the Vista computer is integrated for Vista and well, I don't know if it's made for XP, though I think I know what sits mostly under it... just that's my scenario. Any help would be great, thanks. I'm just saying I don't need Vista around, I can easily format this if I have to. I'm sure I saw an ATA (SATA?) drive in the device manager.....

Adam

Last edited by Striker81; 07-29-2007 at 12:20 PM..