View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:33 AM

About:
Steve O'Reno is on a distinguished road

Windows Dual boot of XP with Vista already installed

Dear William:

This is exactly the info I needed! A big THANK YOU! I do have a couple of questions, before I proceed with the XP installation.

In Section 4, Since I am installing XP on a separate drive (D) as opposed to partitioning C, Under "Windows Legacy OS Loader", should it read... "partition = D:" instead of "partition = C:" ?

I don't know if I had mentioned this but, This computer is a new Gateway and will need some XP drivers. I went to the Gateway support site and entered my model and serial number to which it displayed the XP drivers that I will need for my specific unit. There are a couple of Motherboard drivers. One is... Intel VIIV Driver version 1 5 1 188 50... and another is Intel Quick Resume Driver version 1 52 1031. There is also a Intel chipset for a specific brand of Motherboard ... Intel Chipset Driver for Mickelson Trail Motherboard Version 8 0 0 101. Lastly, a Network Driver version 9 4 17 0.

Do I need to install these and at what point? If I do the XP driver installation in Vista, will they override the Vista drivers and cause any problems?

The last concern is... My Vista installation disc is the Gateway "Operating System Disc". Will this work the same as if it was a Vista installation disc purchased from a retailer?

Thank's again,
Steve O'Reno