View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

About:

I'm getting the same issue as outlined by JimR (quoted below).

When I go to installed XP (on my 320gb sata2 drive; on which I have created a primary partition using Vista ultimate (32bit) disk mgmt, 50gb, formatted with ntfs etc) i see 2 options, both 131GB in size (not the 50gb i had created), and both listed as C: partition 1 (unknown)

quite odd.

anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered - JimR View Post
I've read all the posts regarding this dual boot issue, but your quoted post particularly caught my attention, as I too had read that XP would need extra drivers, and would not install without them onto an SATA drive. Here is where I am at (not unlike a lot of others here it appears):

1) I have a new Dell with Pre-installed Vista Premium, trying to dual boot with XP Home.
2) Used Vista to partition the C: drive, created an F: drive about 10Gbs (probably more than necessary, not sure, as I do plan on installing some programs that won't run in Vista). I'm not sure, will check later, but think my new F is a Primary Drive.
3) Inserted my XP install CD, rebooted, F12, and it got to the screen than asked to which partition I wanted to use.
4) The only partition listed was c: partition 1(unknown)