View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 04:08 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Apologies

This response is more for "others" who are just learning how to use their laptop.

Therefore, my apologies for stating the obvious, but I have slapped myself in the forehead many times... Usually the "fn" key must be held down in conjunction with another function key...as if the "fn" key unlocks the other, or redirects the impulse...

Also, re: your unreadable CD...
1. sometimes a CD is unreadable upon install, but not unreadable as far as just copying it to your hard drive and then installing from there...don't know why this happens sometimes
2. sometimes a CD can be copied over to your hard drive, and then a net search can replace specific "lost" files to replace them in your hard drive copy... or someone can send you the specific files for replacement of rewriting back onto your CD. NB: you are going ot have to have a running written copy of the bad files on paper so that you will know what to search for.
3. try "BadCopy Pro" or another equally as good, CD restorer.
4. once you have a "good" copy, burn another replacement for the original, or see if you can just burn the offending files specifically back onto the original disk...the process will usually ask you if you want to overwrite the file. Since the disk is dead to you otherwise, nothing ventured, nothing gained...but don't dump the disk until your have salvaged all you can from it.

Last edited by b1caez01; 07-13-2007 at 04:18 PM..