View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 11:57 PM

About:
b1caez01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default What's on your plate...?

s0b6a11

A few things to consider... how to better manage time, space, staff, hardware, utilities, etc., ...is it possible? Get your aims [what you must do] and objectives [how you are going to realize your aims...methodology] on paper in sort of a manual/diary...

1.What would you say is your most irritating task? Set up a folder on each PC's desktop containing solutions specific to those tasks, so that the user can do some of the donkey work themselves...especially the rinky-dink operations...they are not helpless nor stupid...
2.What do the client PC's seem to get into trouble with the most? Are the users allowed too much freedom of access to functions and the like, allowing them to get into trouble?
3.How many PC's are we talking about? Can we get, say three to a server, with the most experienced of the users only using the clent-server machine...ie. break the work load into threes and then you only need to worry about every third one. The heirarchy then is, eg. 12 in your work force, 4 team leaders, one [you] coordinator...this allows you to break probs into more managable chunks if possible, with each level in the hierarchy taking more responsibility for their own turf...
4.Can you not run them all off a central server to reduce the number of PC's overall to one that you are responsible for?
5.Can you lock all but the most needed functions out of their use...out of sight out of mind?
7.Can you make up a TROUBLESHOOTING folder that each client keeps at his work station and which can be easily referred to if you are not available, and/or becomes part of their job to do simple maintenance on a schedule that you set up...it then becomes their responsibility, say, to set up degrag as the last thing they do before going home...emptying out the trash...do a CrapCleaner...and so on...didley stuff...
8.When you say two rows of apps...what do you mean? Sometimes that is the way it is for convenience...e.g. I have three rows in half my Task Bar...one half for apps' icon links and the other half for program activated buttons. I seldom use my desktop...too slow to search...
9.What kind of a business is it that would necessitate the allowance of all those apps on the Task Bar? Consider eliminating all but the most needed.