View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM

About:
ferrisweb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_melissa329 View Post
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally fixed my problem. I'm ecstatic about it too! So thanks to everyone for their help. Here's how I fixed the problem for anyone else that comes across this problem. I can't say that this is a solution for everyone, but it worked for me.

Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, right click again and click modify under value data type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.
I have the exact same problem that just came up in the last few days. I tried the solution that worked for you and that didn't work. Here's all the details of my problem and hopefully someone can help. I ready to lose my mind. I'm using Windows XP Media Center edition.

Last Wednesday I installed then unistalled 3 program designed to transfer flv files to avi files for use on my Creative Zen mp3 player. The 3 programs didn't work right so I deleted them.

The next day when I went to listen to my NPR podcast that I get every day it played at super fast speed on WMP. Confused, I reinstalled my Juice program that downloads the podcasts. That didn't do anything. Then I upgraded from wmp10 to wmp11. Now the podcasts didn't play at all. WMP recognises the file name on the player but won't play it. However, another podcast that I get plays fine. Also, any albums ripped to my hard drive still play fine. So, some mp3s play, some don't on wmp. ALL files play perfect when NOT using wmp. Realplayer still works fine.
Also, wmp files, such as the movies taken with my digital camera, now only play the video not the audio on wmp.
Then yesterday I noticed yet another problem. When using IE websites with video, they only play the video and not the audio. Sites such as cnn.com and yahoo.com. Audio on sites like youtube is fine. The only time I use IE instead of Firefox is for sites like CNN that don't support Firefox.

So in conclusion, anytime WMP audio needs to be played for the reasons discussed above I get no audio. Obviously one of those programs I deleted also deleted something that wmp uses to recognize these files. I don't know what I deleted or how to find or fix this problem.

Please, please, please help me!
My computer is only 2 months old and I've already screwed it up.
Thanks.

Last edited by Firefox; 01-08-2007 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: New Problem, different user