Thread: [Question] Can you help me??
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 AM

About:
richkea12 is on a distinguished road

Default Can you help me??

To Support,
I am working on a Toshiba Satellite L675D- S7052 Laptop computer for a friend. The problem started with a auto shut down after a period of time. Next, the screen would blackout.

I was able to boot up in safe mode the first time I turned it on.
I cleared the prefetch folder, the windows Temp folder, and the Admin temp folder.

I then restarted in normal mode without any problem. I connected to the internet and visited several websites. Everything worked very well. I was on for about 2 hours, no problem.

The battery at 100%. I did a normal shut down, good. The computer turned off, unplugged external power and closed lid. The next morning I plugged in the external power, opened lid, pressed off/on button, on light indicate computer on, but nothing ever showed on the screen.

Since then, I have:
Turned the computer off.
unplugged external power.
Removed battery.
depressed the on button for 30 and 60 seconds several times.
Tried restarting with external power only, then battery only.
Nothing ever showed on screen. I used a flashlight to see if there was anything on the screen, nothing.
Fan is on, num light never flashed, system sees dvd, but will not boot fron windows7 full set up disk.
Swapped memory chips, used only one(A position).

Bottom line, cannot get into the bios, cannot boot from any media, have exhausted all possible fixes found on forums. Any suggestions without disassembling the whole computer? Thanks in advance.