View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 AM

About:
trmpt4him is on a distinguished road

Default Bootmgr missing and other problems

I was getting the message bootmgr not found when I start my desktop computer. So I tried using the repair disk and changed the boot sequence in the bios to boot from cd rom first. I also made a bootable usb drive and both will not work. So it connected the drive to my laptop by usb and booted into repair mode. Everything was going well. I did the first two bootrec commands and it said done. the last command I did was the bootrec /RebuildBcd command and it found two installations. I had tried this several times before and it found nothing at all so when it actually found something I got so excited that I answered yes to both answers. This now has messed up my laptop as well and it is saying bootmgr not found. If I try to boot the laptop without the desktop harddrive attached by usb cable it says device not attached needed to boot. If I attach it and boot it goes into a diagnostics boot loop. I have put in my windows repair cd as well as repair cd on a thumb drive and neither will boot it. I am at a loss. Can I do anything with a ubuntu boot cd to repair this? I am totally lost.

Also, before I did this I was in a program that fixes partitions and I clicked something called change to logical drive by mistake and it would not stop. Don't know if that had anything to do with this as well. I know I know, It is a mess...

Last edited by trmpt4him; 05-24-2012 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: extra info