View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:22 PM

About:
vizzini is on a distinguished road

Default downgrade windows on a hp laptop

Hi,

I have a hp g72-b60us laptop. The HP sponsored windows 7 OS on this laptop was so bad windows failed to ever update properly and the system crashed numerous times daily. I tryed to use the system recovery and it failed to reinstall windows on every attempt. So i could not reinstall windows & at this point system had been formatted.

A HDD test and memory test ran from the bios shows no problems with the hardware.

I decided to downgrade to my Windows XP professional. When i instert the disk to runs through the process of installing the files needed to set-up the OS. When it completes this is says starting windows at the bottom then crashes to a blue screen.

Other research i have found people been able to change their hdd bios setting to ide/compadibility mode to fix this problem. My bios does NOT have this ability. Also the bios system information says factory installed windows 7 in its information. If i try to install a stand alone windows 7 home edition it errors when starting windows for the first time and says to install windows.

looking for ideas on how to proceed as i do not want to spend money on a new laptop, a metod to get windows XP to install, or if anyone might have a recovery disc for this machine as HP wants to charge me for something that should be downloadable on its website i can try