View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:17 AM

About:
vrviji is on a distinguished road

Default Dual Boot with separate Hard Drives

I have a slightly different problem and I use the GAG Boot Manager.

I had XP first on my PC. Then when I got my WIndows 7 Ultimate, I installed an additional drive, disabled my existing drive with XP on it and installed Win7 onto the new drive. So, now I have enabled the XP drive (C-Drive) and have another Drive with a full install of Win 7 (F Drive).

So, When I boot - it always goes to the XP Windows on C Drive, unless I set it up on the BIOS to boot from the F-Drive. But that is a hassle, if I have to change the BIOS each time I want to boot from a different OS.

Is there some tool, which could boot first, which will then offer me the option from booting either from the C-Drive (XP) or the F-Drive (Win7) ? To this question, I read somewhere that GAG did the job. So I installed Gag.

However, The Gag Boot Manager does not offer me the various hard drives I have. It seems to only recognize the one drive that the BIOS was going to boot from and the partitions on that drive. So, whatever I select, I only get the OS which the BIOS was going to boot from anyway.

Although GAG docuentation states that I can select different drives, it does n ot appear to be the case.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ( Please email me at vroom88 (AT)gmail.com if possible with any response - since I may not get to this page often.

BTW, I am using a i7 chip and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. But my XP is a 32bit version.

Thanks.

Last edited by vrviji; 08-18-2010 at 06:15 PM..