View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 PM

About:
status1 is on a distinguished road

Here is what happened
I was planing to do that yesterday but it was too late in the day
Just for information I have 2 512 mb modules that I bought and installed at the same time I swapped the motherboards
So the first thing I did was to remove the module from slot 2 and ran the test and it seem to have the problem at about the same point except it did not reboot
Instead I got a message "Unexpected interrupt Halting cpu 0 " and I got some hex numbers on the screen I assume some kind memory dump I am not sure
Anyway the computer was frozen at that point
After that I swapped the 512mb module in slot 1 with a 256 mb stick that had originally in there just to see if it works with that and everything passed
Then I swapped back in slot one one of the 512mb modules and ran the test
and it failed again at the same point with the unexpected interrupt message
It was on test #3(Moving inversions, 8 bit patterns)
I changed the setting on the program and ran just test #3 and it failed right away and this time it reeboted itself insted of freezing
Then I swapped it out with the other 512mb module and ran the test and passed without any problems I even ran test #3 only a few times and it's still passing
So it looks like one of the modukes is bad.

So now I am trying to continue installing xp from where I left off and hopefully wont have any more problems
It's strange how windows 98 didn't have any problems with the bad memory I guess perhaps it's not using that part of the memory I am guessing

Thanks a lot for your help