View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 AM

About:
lurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura aboutlurkswithin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by va_style06 View Post
Hi, I am tryin to install XP on my laptop, i bought an external cd drive but the problem i'm havin is with the SATA native mode. its a Gateway MX1023 Notebook, I have been tryin to disbale it but i cant seem to find a disbale option in the bios, secondly i download the drivers for the SATA controller 4rm Gateways site copied to the floppy did the F6 during installation but i still get the F3 quit error msg screen saying no hard is found. it there another way around this. If I could probably disable the SATA mode I am pretty sure it'll work.

Any ideas?
If it is native then it should not require the installation of the third party (F6). Native hardware is tagged so as to be recognizable from the CD and the drivers installed automatically. Try to install the operating system by ignoring the F6 prompt and see what happens.

If it installs then go back later and replace the controller driver with the gateway one through the regular method of motherboard driver installations....note....some gateways will need help in installing drivers and they have a tool to help.