View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 01:36 PM

About:
Lady D is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry; I am not the most computer literate person.

Let's see if I can clear things up. I have an HP Compaq desktop.

My boot order is:

IDE CD, Diskette, USB devices, Hard Drives...integrated Sata (Vista)...integrated IDE (XP).

Whenever I restart my computer (go to start and click turn off computer, then click restart) my comp comes back with a black screen and cursor only.

If I shut it down all the way (go to start and click turn off computer, then click turn off) then it will come back with the black screen, with XP as an option and Vista as an option.

This wasn’t always an issue. XP is on the 80gb ide and Vista is on the 320gb Sata. This wasn’t always a problem. Originally I had the beta version of Vista Ultimate on the 320gb. But when Microsoft rolled out the “final” version I installed it. That is when I started having this problem. I did a clean install (wiped the entire 320gb drive clean). I updated my drivers, but I will try again.

I ran the UPH clean on the XP side and it installed fine but the Vista side had an error
"There was a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Last edited by Lady D; 09-07-2008 at 01:58 PM..