View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 03:00 AM

About:
vangel is on a distinguished road

Default For Toshiba owners

Hello and thanks for this great guide which is the best gift ever for me!
Have a Toshiba s1410-604 and this guide was the only way to make my laptop work!

1). I removed the toshiba HDD and placed in in an external case. (2.5 usb external which costs only 8-10Euros).
2). I connected the toshiba HDD to my desktop and formatted as the guide describes.
3). Burned the dos 7 iso to my desktop. Removed the HDD and put it on another laptop toshiba A40 ( yeah i have 2 lol ) and installed dos 7.
4). Connected the toshiba HDD to my desktop again and copied the i386 folder in 3 minutes. (so as to spend less time copying).
5). Placed the toshiba HDD back to the no drive, no cd-rom laptop and ran c:\i386\winnt.exe and in 15min had windows installed on this toshiba 1410-604

Well guys if you own a toshiba laptop with no cdr dvd-r, this guide is the only way. With the 6 pack microsoft install disks it won't work cause you don't have a cd dvd rom, and the usb won't function unless windows installed.

SO read this guide step by step and give your toshiba laptop a real xp life as it deserves.

Ps: if you 've bought another cd dvd r cause your toshiba one wasn't working, the solution to make it work is to connect pin 47 and pin 45 together. Tried it with sony nec optiarc and worked great!

My friend... THANK you soooo much for this guide. !!!!
Greetings from Greece
Vangelis