View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:06 AM

About:
Daugust is on a distinguished road

This is maddening. I have the Belkin software, Easy Transfer and PCSync installed on my laptop. I can't get it installed on the pc. The pc is opening is safe mode. I am trying everything at this point.

When it boots in safe mode, the window opens asking if I want to continue in safe mode or run system restore. If I choose system restore, the "frame" for the system restore window opens (I can see desktop icons through it: Then it freezes. and system restore doesn't open.

I turn off the computer and go in again and when it boots to safemode and asks what I want to do I'll choose safemode. That opens but if I click on an icon, like Norton it freezes. If I choose Start, to try to get to the spyware program it freezes.

I thought I could just plug in a usb cable and try slaving that way with the file transfer cable. I don't have a usb that has the flat end on both ends. Can I slave the hard drive with a cable that has the square end and the flat end?

I've tried hitting Control, Alt, Delete to get to Task Manager and that doesn't work.

Looking for that magic code that will at least allow me to open the spyware program. Thanks again.