View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM

About:
benzaloy is on a distinguished road

Default Help Sought by Fresher to Remove Virus Heat from System

I followed your advise. The TREND MICRO House Call attended. Ultimately I was told :"One item could NOT be removed . . .".
They recommended that I remove it manually and told me to how to do it. I will try their method. In case I fail in this attempt, I will not come back here to report it.

Further, the website recommended by 'wombat' too did not work. This is the url of the site: VirusHeat Removal Process (remove VirusHeat) - PCHubs.com

The icon of Virus Heat is not consistent now. It comes and goes away. May be it has nothing to report back to its people. I have no Bank Account or Credit Card. I have nothing that one could steal from me. That makes me courageous.

Of the two advises you gave me, shown below, I could not follow the first one as I could not see 'system restore tab' when I Right clicked 'My Computer' and selected 'properties'. A month or two back I searched for this very same 'system restore tab' when advised to do so by 'About.com'. Therefore I presume that tab is NOT in this system of mine. This may be the reason why Trend Micro could not help me.
Because of this situation I did not perform the second advise of yours.
I am grateful to you and Wombat for taking so much of time over my problem. Anyway, I learnt some new things and am thankful to both of you. Please forgive me if I have hurt you or Wombat, in anyway, in my elation on finding SysChat so beneficial.
Thank you and bye,
ben aloysius

Your advises referred to are:

1... " It is best that when running this scan to have system restore turned off in XP
R.clk "my computer" click properties > system restore tab > tick the "turn off system restore " box.
The bad guys just like to hang out in the protection of system restore folders and files.
===============================================
2... As for the other ailments...you will need the XP installation disc ( not a restore disc)
Start > run and type
sfc /scannow
(notice the space) press ok and the system file checker will replace all system files back in their original condition...
================================================== ========