SysChat

SysChat (http://www.syschat.com/forum.php)
-   Internet Chat (http://www.syschat.com/general/internet-chat/)
-   -   Why Yahoo still has a bad messenger for Linux? (http://www.syschat.com/why-yahoo-still-has-bad-messenger-3277.html)

bmora96 03-14-2008 02:36 AM

Why Yahoo still has a bad messenger for Linux?
 
Hello all,
Why Yahoo still has a bad messenger for Linux? There is no place to actually complain about that, and yahoo doesn't bother about Linux users either. Why does yahoo keeps a step brotherly attitude towards Linux.
Regards,
Bmora96

lurkswithin 03-14-2008 04:56 AM

Are you stuck with yahoo? If not try using google for a front page or create your own start page with a website and just forget about them.

If you are stuck with yahoo then you will have to deal with it. Try another messenger like aim or ICQ

Wombat 03-14-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmora96 (Post 10245)
Hello all,
Why Yahoo still has a bad messenger for Linux? There is no place to actually complain about that, and yahoo doesn't bother about Linux users either. Why does yahoo keeps a step brotherly attitude towards Linux.
Regards,
Bmora96

I use Pidgin with the Linux distro I use. It has all the benefits of several different im clients without the malware (Yahoo carp).

Get Pidgin here... Download | Pidgin

squirrelnmoose 03-14-2008 09:23 AM

I would agree with Wombat. Pidgin is a good program.

cranium1200 03-16-2008 07:23 AM

Hello there,
Yahoo is getting more and more worse because of its security defects .Its getting worse day by day. Try using pidgin or g talk.
Regards,
Cranium1200

bmora96 03-19-2008 11:47 AM

Pidigin and Gaim. want more details of it.
 
Hello there

Thanks for the reply. I had heard about pidigin and GAIM. right now i am using gtalk and it seems to be easy. so how is pidigin and gaim..is there any complexity regarding using it.
Thanks
Bmora96

lurkswithin 03-19-2008 01:09 PM

Pidgin was once called Gaim.

All that you need to know about pidgin!

About | Pidgin

All the questions on using pidgin!

Using Pidgin - Pidgin - Trac

Wombat 03-20-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmora96 (Post 10306)
Hello there

Thanks for the reply. I had heard about pidigin and GAIM. right now i am using gtalk and it seems to be easy. so how is pidigin and gaim..is there any complexity regarding using it.
Thanks
Bmora96

It's no harder to use Pidgin than any other IM application whether it's in Linux, Winders, and a Mac version...

MattWrenn 04-22-2008 06:46 PM

I suppose you could try an alternate loggin platform, something along the lines of trillian.

Wombat 04-23-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattWrenn (Post 10619)
I suppose you could try an alternate loggin platform, something along the lines of trillian.

The OP want's a Linux IM app.

Trillian is only available for Windows at present, although a Mac version is in alpha testing at this point in time...


Cerulean Studios: Creators of Trillian and Trillian Pro Instant Messengers


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Copyright 2005-2013 SysChat.com


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54