View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

About:
FuQDuB is on a distinguished road

Default Not Good

Well I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium MB and have Vista x64 installed on a NVIDIA Raid 0 drive. I shrunk down the Vista partition to prepare for the XP install. I then booted to XP hit F6 and loaded the NVraid drivers. The install had no issue seeing the partition and copied all install files. On the first restart of the Install of XP I get:

Invalid Boot.ini file
Booting from c:\Windows

Then

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
<Windows Root> \System 32\ntoskrnl.exe

Well I then booted with the Vista CD and selected the Repair Your Computer option. When it searches for Vista installations it does not find one. I loaded the drivers and it still does not find the Vista install.

I went to a cmd prompt and can navigate to my C: drive and Vista Partition as well as my E: drive that is the XP partition. I ran the bootrec commands with no errors and rebooted with the above issue.

I tried to some bcdedit commands to fix my boot but nothing will bring back my Vista install nor can I boot to XP.

Before I started this I tried using Acronis to back up the partition but it had issues with my other Raid 5 disks and could not copy so I am in a little pickle.

Any Ideas?